(January 1997)

Subject: Re: reply_to and digests
From: Bill <bill @ wagill . com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 02:10:29 -0800
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

>B> I have a reply_to set in the config file for my -digest lists, but mail
>B> messages sent through the -digest address end up with the reply_to value
>B> from the config file for the base ("regular") list.
>
>It's taken from the config_opts array, which is filled form the config file
>for the list specified in the -l option, which should be the digest list.
>I can't see how it's taking anything from the config file for the
>undigestified list.
>
>B> Is this a feature, or a bug?  And, if it's a feature, how come?
>
>I simply don't see how it's happening.  I'm looking at the 1.94.1 source.

Jason, you can look at the sources all you want, but the fact still remains
that what I describe is happenning.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the alias for a digest
list is the base list itself, which means that, in the end, postings sent to
a digest list are really processed through the base list, and, then, the
'-l' switch provides the name of the base list, not the digest list, even
for postings sent to the digest list.

Following is an excerpt of my majordomo aliases file (for illustration
purposes):

test-l: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test-l -h
duchess.wagill.com                 test-l-outgoing"
test-l-digest:test-l
test-l-outgoing::include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/test-l,
        "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive -a -m -f
/usr/local/majordomo/lists/test-l.archive/test-l.archive",
        "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper digest -r -C -l test-l-digest
test-l-digest-outgoing"
test-l-digest-outgoing::include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/test-l-digest

- Bill.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: reply_to and digests