(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Any easy way to slap on moderation?
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 27 Jan 1997 15:55:30 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com
In-reply-to:'s message of Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:32:11 -0400 (AST)

BS> Are there any plans to implement comands that would permit one-line
BS> changes in the .config files?

We had a really big discussion about this about a month ago and decided on
a complete syntax for doing this kind of thing.  I have partially
implemented it in my code.

uhpprove PASSWORD konfigset LIST moderate = yes

or a more complete example:

default password PASSWORD
default list LIST
konfigset moderate = yes
konfigset message_footer << TAG

or just type something like

mj_shell -l LIST -p PASSWORD konfigset moderate = yes

(misspellings to avoid administrivia; the shell command is incomplete
because you have to specify the server and the domain)

BS> Or is there some workaround that I have missed?

You've missed nothing except the discussion.  There simply isn't a way to
do this now, though.

 - J<

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: problem with restrict_post