(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Any easy way to slap on moderation?
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 09:26:14 -0400 (AST)
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com (Majordomo developers)

Jason replied:

>BS> Are there any plans to implement comands that would permit one-line
>BS> changes in the .config files?
>
>We had a really big discussion about this about a month ago and decided on
>a complete syntax for doing this kind of thing.  I have partially
>implemented it in my code.

I was in Europe and missed the discussion, but if the consensus was that
it would be nice to toggle moderation (which I see as a much higher
priority than the other configuration options), then it seems that there
is a possible hack that would be relatively easy to implement. Remember
earlier versions when a list was closed by creating the file
LIST.closed? How about having Mj look for a file called LIST.moderate,
and its presence would supercede the moderate= option in the
LIST.config file.

I'm not much of a perl programmer, but since Mj can create and rewrite
the LIST.passwd file, it shouldn't take much to implement this. The main
issue is whether the development team feels that it is worthwhile.

Bill

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITIES?!?!?!