(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Sendmail OA macro (resolved!)
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:34:23 -0400 (AST)
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com (Majordomo developers)

Finally I got this cleared up:

> In the Installation guide for 1.94.1 it says:
> 9) Add the majordomo-related aliases to your Sendmail alias file.
>    This can either be /etc/aliases, or if you are using a more recent
>    version of Sendmail (8.6 or above) a cleaner approach is to add an
>    alias file specifically for Majordomo aliases by adding another
>    "OA" line to /etc/
>    OA/path/to/majordomo/majordomo.aliases
> I tried this with Sendmail 940816.SGI.8.6.9/940406.SGI.AUTO and the
> second OA macro seemed to be ignored (yes, I used a real path!). I
> can't find documentation on multiple OA macros, is it really legit to
> have two with this version of sendmail?

> BTW: it works for me.
>   Two OA lines.  But my patch level is perhaps more current.
>   I am at Sendmail 950413.SGI.8.6.12/910805.SGI

The format that seems to work (as someone suggested) is

This alternative should perhaps be mentioned in the installation guide,
since it is really handy. For my sendmail, two OA lines definitely do
not work.

Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Any easy way to slap on moderation?