(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Sendmail OA macro (resolved!)
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:34:23 -0400 (AST)
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com (Majordomo developers)

Finally I got this cleared up:

> In the Installation guide for 1.94.1 it says:
>
> 9) Add the majordomo-related aliases to your Sendmail alias file.
>    This can either be /etc/aliases, or if you are using a more recent
>    version of Sendmail (8.6 or above) a cleaner approach is to add an
>    alias file specifically for Majordomo aliases by adding another
>    "OA" line to /etc/sendmail.cf:
>
>    OA/path/to/majordomo/majordomo.aliases
>
> I tried this with Sendmail 940816.SGI.8.6.9/940406.SGI.AUTO and the
> second OA macro seemed to be ignored (yes, I used a real path!). I
> can't find documentation on multiple OA macros, is it really legit to
> have two with this version of sendmail?

and

> BTW: it works for me.
>   Two OA lines.  But my patch level is perhaps more current.
>   I am at Sendmail 950413.SGI.8.6.12/910805.SGI

The format that seems to work (as someone suggested) is

OA/path/to/file1,/path/to/file2

This alternative should perhaps be mentioned in the installation guide,
since it is really handy. For my sendmail, two OA lines definitely do
not work.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Any easy way to slap on moderation?