(January 1997)

Subject: WriteConfig and case-sensitivity
From: coar @ decus . org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 06:29:03 -0500
To: Majordomo-Workers @ greatcircle . com, Coar @ topaz . decus . org

    Hi, there.  Been away for a few months, but now I'm baack..

    I was just getting caught up with the changes to MD since I was last
    here, and used WriteConfig to generate a new config file to check
    for differences.

     WriteConfig Mumble-List password

    generated a new configuration file, all right, but the file matched
    the case of the request - i.e., "Mumble-List.config" rather than
    "mumble-list.config".  A subsequent NewConfig fetched the
    case-smashed file, which is what MD is gonna use.

    Looks like the WriteConfig processing needs to either be downstream
    of the case-smasher, or explicitly call/do it itself.

    Or am I off-base here?

    #ken    :-)}

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Any easy way to slap on moderation?