(February 1997)

Subject: subject_prefix without subjects...
From: "Edward S. Marshall" <emarshal @ common . net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 15:36:18 -0600 (CST)
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

I've noticed that with 1.94.1, if a message is sent to a list with a
subject_prefix defined (i.e. "[$LIST]: " or some such), if no subject line
is provided by the sender, this rule doesn't take effect, i.e. no subject
line is manufactured for the message. Is this intended behavior? The
reason I ask is that it would be useful to be able to have it manufacture
a subject such as "[$LIST]: <no subject>" or some such, so that users who
process their mail upon receipt by subject can do so reliably.

--
| Edward S. Marshall <emarshal@common.net> | CII Technical Administrator,     |

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: User unknown shouldn't be getting through