(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Request for additional functionality for MIME messages.
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:09:08 -0600 (CST)
To: steveo @ world . std . com
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

[ Steven W. Orr writes: ]

> I have mailinglist which is administered by Majordomo. The list is
> moderated. When I try to send a message to the list members which contains
> a MIME attachment, it bounces because of the fact that the MIME headers
> are the first part of the message.
>
> Can this be fixed? Was I clear?

If it can be determined what's really causing the bounce and not really. :-)

Mj doesn't know MIME from ...um...whatever. Unless you're including an
Approved header with your posting, it'll be bounced for approval like
everyone else's. I guess we need to know what the subject of the bounce
says, i.e. why your messages are bounced. If you're not including an
Approved header, there you go. If you're including it as the first line
of the body of the message and Mj isn't seeing it because your mailer
MIMEs the message, make it stop that. Or don't include the Approved
header, let it bounce, then approve it with MIME disabled.

As for Mj groking MIME, that'll probably happen someday, but it'll be
later rather than sooner. Unless you'd like to jump right in and help
Jason get it coded.

--
 Dave Wolfe