(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Another progress report
From: Brock Rozen <brozen @ webdreams . com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 15:06:59 -0500 (EST)
To: Bill Houle <Bill . Houle @ sandiegoca . ncr . com>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Bill Houle wrote:

> } Anything done in this area should be configurable...but I'm wondering --
> } what do we *want* to accomplish with MIME messages? What functionality do
> } we want available with them?
>
> I *need* this feature; gotta have it. Jason's initial brainstorming

I wasn't doubting the need for it, just wanted to know what people planned
on doing with it first. Jason's message didn't make that clear to me.

> design is far more complex than I need right now, but that flexibility
> keeps the system open and available for a lot more complex actions.
>
> What do we want to do? To give you some idea, here are my simple needs
> right now, as already requested by my users:

<snip>

Ok, you've mentioned throwing out certain MIME types based on the type or
even the name of the file included (even more complicated, I believe) and
saving of certain types (also, with file specification) to the archive
directory.

Basically, save, delete and let it go through.

I personally am interested in using the digest format that's built into
MIME.

 | Brock Rozen | brozen@webdreams.com | http://www.webdreams.com/~brozen |

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Another progress report