(February 1997)

Subject: Digests and MIME
From: "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb @ harte-lyne . ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:22:43 -5
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <byrnejb@mail.halisp.net>

On 14 Feb 97 at 12:07, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> As for digests, the comments I've seen in the past is that pretty
> much everyone wants tighter integration between the digest list
> and the normal list.  They should at least share a common
> configuration file and look to the user like a single list.
> Integration should be tight enough so that resend feeds the
> message to digest itself without adding headers and footers.

On digests:

Has there been any discussion about providing a MIME compliant
mail digest format as an option for the digest transmission?  I am
using Pegasus 2.5.2 and ran across this feature accidentally.  At
least on Pegasus it is a far superior way to read digested mail.

I suppose that this is a MUA specific capability and that there
exist MUA's that provide the same functionality as the MIME digest
using the embedded headers, but I haven't run across them myself.

Regards,
Jim
---
James B. Byrne                Harte & Lyne Limited
vox: +1 905 561 1241          9 Brockley Drive
fax: +1 905 561 0757          Hamilton, Ontario
mailto:byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca  Canada L8E 3C3