Subject: Re: suggestion for new Majordomo
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 03 Mar 1997 23:49:14 -0600
To: n <dreed @ narnia . mhv . net>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

>>>>> "n" == n  <dreed@narnia.mhv.net> writes:

n> As I previously stated: *** my solution would be to copy the bounce
n> subwhatever into a bounce-bulk subwhatever, and change the call for
n> excessive body size from &bounce to &bounce-bulk--except that there *is*
n> no apparent call for &bounce anywhere near it (from what I can see, it
n> calls a sub by the name of the bounce reason, which makes *no* sense to
n> me, but then again I'm not all that proficient in Perl) ***

The body is parsed by a routine called &parse_body.  If this returns any
text (or if any of the other parsing steps returned any text) then the
message is bounced with that text as the bounce reason.  The logical thing
to do would be to set a global if the length check fails in &parse_body,
then call an alternate bounce routine (which it seems you have already
written) if that global is set.  In fact, the length check already sets a
global, $already_bitched_about_length (I didn't name it), so alter the call
to &bounce around line 457 of resent to call something else if
$already_bitched_about_length is set.

 - J<