From: Brock Rozen <brozen @ webdreams . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:13:18 -0500 (EST)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: Majordomo Workers List <majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On 25 Mar 1997, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> BR> How about just having the initial system in there and having it do
> BR> whatever you can get in it for now. During the alpha testing phases,
> BR> more can always be added while other stuff is being tested.
>
> I was wondering when someone would say, "Finish the damn thing already!"
> Well, OK, but I'm a constant dreamer.  It makes a nice break from writing
> the database regeneration routines.  What I'm really trying to do is to get
> people to come up with ideas.  Not that I'm in any danger of running out,
> but that the more there are to choose from, the better our product is.

Yes, the process of discussion here seems to be allowing us to come up
with great ideas (I've seen quite a few come out already!). At some point
though, discussion has to be curtailed.

I think having the system in place, but not having it do anything until a
later version might be a better idea at this point. Sounds like a waste if
it does nothing, but allowing for later functionality is good future
thinking.

If you want it in this version, I'd like to see an alpha without it first
(again, maybe just the system) and then it added to later alphas.

Actually, that goes for lots of what's been coming out lately. Always
helps to see what we're talking about -- but it should be made completely
clear that we're not searching for bugs at this point, simply looking for
design issues. A pre-release alpha?

 | Brock Rozen | brozen@webdreams.com | http://www.webdreams.com/~brozen |