Subject: Re: RFC 2142
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 11 Jul 1997 10:57:29 -0500
To: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

JRL> Having gotten my share of whacked out bounce messages, I can report
JRL> that there are far too many mail systems with gateways to the Internet
JRL> that hide or discard any headers they don't understand, so that no
JRL> matter how many helpful X-List-Info: type headers you add, it won't
JRL> help because they won't see them.

You missed the point; I wasn't talking about any X- headers.  I was talking
about the upcoming standardized headers for presenting list information
that authors of popular PC MTAs have already pledged to support.

JRL> The script I use to create my lists on 1.94.3+qmail (available on
JRL> request, or I'll post it if there's a lot of interest)

I'd appreciate seeing it; eventually I want to see what aliases are
required for all of the MTAs I can get my hands on.

 - J<