Subject: Re: *Please HELP ASAP!*
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 29 Jul 1997 18:55:38 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com, scotcm @ map . com (Charles MacLaurin)

CM> My question is what happened, and how can I re-establish contact?

We don't know because we don't have enough information.  Something is
probably seriously hosed on the server, but we don't know if you own the
server or if someone else does.  We haven't seen any debug/error logs so we
can't point at any real causes.  We don't even know what version you're
running.

So, if you don't own the server, complain to them and let them send
detailed information to majordomo-users.  If you do own the server, send
detailed information to majordomo-users.

CM> Also, how can I send it large mailing lists without having to send it
CM> one address at a time?

In 1.9x:

for i in `cat file_with_addresses`; do echo "approbe blah zubscribe $i" |\
mail majordomo@host; done

or just do a couple of keystrokes in vi to insert the approval stuff at the
head of each line.

In 2.0 pre-alpha (this is the development list, you know):

approbe blah zubscribe <<END
addr1
addr2
[...]
addrN
END

or

approbe blah zubscribe <@1

and MIME-attach a file containing addresses.

 - J<