(September 1997)

Subject: Re: removing duplicate addresses
From: "Brian L. Heess - home" <DMbong @ krumm . commline . com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 02:23:13 -0400
To: Majordomo Workers <majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com>

At 17:54 +0300 16/09/97, Marko Hotti wrote:

>I know there shouldn't be duplicate email addresses in the first place in
>a list of subscribers built by Majordomo from scratch - but I think the
>current behavior should be changed so that when the list owner makes a
>request for email address removal, Majordomo removes the first occurence
>of the address.

That's a good point.  I've actually had the problem for years, back to like
1.92 or something.  I'd guess that the dupes got in there due to some
"fluke" of some sort (not from hand editing) and man, it drives users
WHACKY when they CAN'T unzubscribe.  It blew my mind (almost) that the
addresses have ALWAYS been exactly the same (ie: joeblow@aol.com and
joeblow@aol.com). Then it takes me several tries to figure it all out, then
I edit the list.

So, I'd imagine that since 2.x is a re-write and totally different, either
it can't get to that point, OR, on a fluke of dupe addresses, one or both
can be removed.  I'd vote for that it take 2 unsubs to get them both out
(or 3 for 3)...

CHeers!

-Brain