(November 1997)

Subject: Re: Sending an attachment with a majordomo message
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 25 Nov 1997 16:15:33 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com, jrude @ SMOKE . REEUSDA . GOV

>>>>> "JROC" == JUDY RUDE OF CTDE <jrude@SMOKE.REEUSDA.GOV> writes:

JROC> I did a FAQ search but could not find the answer to my specific
JROC> problem.

I'm not sure what your question has to do with Majordomo development and
thus this list, but I'll answer anyway.  Searching the FAQ is fine, but you
really should read the documentation and the list config file.

JROC> A group owner is trying to send a message with an attachment to a
JROC> mail group.  However, the message bounces back to owner indicating
JROC> the message is too long.

The messages bounces to the owner for approval.  So just approve the
message.

JROC> How long is too long?

It depends on how the list owner configured the list.  Look in the config
file for 'maxsize'; it should be self-explanatory.

JROC> Any suggestions on how one might work around this problem or expand
JROC> the Major in some fashion.

It's not a problem; you don't work around it.  You approve the message (using
any of the methods outlined in the list-owner-info document) and things work
fine.

 - J<