Subject: Re: German language files
From: Dave Barr <barr @ cis . ohio-state . edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:38:05 -0400
To: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <352A9A42.5E5F@fonz.micro.lucent.com>, Andrew Winkler writes:
>Exactly the sort of protocol I was suggesting.

Any such protocol sounds to me well outside the scope of Majordomo.

Majordomo flatly should NOT be in the business of inventing such things.

Majordomo should use existing MIME/email internationalization standards.

If the existing "language preference" standards for email are insufficient,
(which clearly they are) then they should be extended and standardized first,
before they are adopted in Majordomo.

May I suggest parties eager to help go and join (or help form) the appropriate
IETF working group.  IIRC this issue has come up in DRUMS -- I don't think
it's actually within their scope, however.

--Dave