Subject: Re: German language files
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 07 Apr 1998 23:51:21 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

AW> Early in the thread I tried to make the point that whoever is working
AW> on language standards presumably has thought through these issues, and
AW> it would be good if MJ could be wired in.

I have a feeling you haven't read RFC1766.  Have you done so?  Discussion
is pretty much pointless until everyone involved is familiar with it.

In any case, it is flexible enough to deal with the differences between
bokmal and nynorsk (the two modern written forms of Norwegian) as well as
one language written in multiple scripts and dialects of English.  I see no
registrations having anything to do with variations in formality.

 - J<