(June 1998)

Subject: Re: How to bounce mail back to sender?
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:27:23 -0500
To: Mark Lewis - Ascom CWXE Cardiff UK <lewis @ ens . ascom . ch>, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

[ Mark Lewis - Ascom CWXE Cardiff UK writes: ]

> I have a problem with users of our various mailing lists posting
> messages with large attachments. [...]
>
> I would like the bounce message to be sent to the message sender.
> I have done some investigation in the documentation but cannot
> find a way (easily) to do this.  Does anyone know how I can set
> this up?
>
> We are using Majordomo 1.94 on Solaris 2.5.1

1)  Use procmail filters to detect the bounces and invoke a responder
    program to mail a notification message.

2)  Install the Mj2 alpha code to run your list(s) and use its
    notification capabilities.

--
 Dave Wolfe

From: lewis@ens.ascom.ch (Mark Lewis - Ascom CWXE Cardiff UK)
Next: mj2 sending to unresolvable addresses...
Indexed By Thread Previous: How to bounce mail back to sender?
Next: mj2 sending to unresolvable addresses...
From: Bryan Fullerton <bryanf@samurai.com>