(June 1998)

Subject: Re: Avoiding filters
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 12 Jun 1998 15:06:31 -0500
To: Bob Snyder <rsnyder @ toontown . erial . nj . us>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

BS> Are the alphas stable enough to host a small list (probably 1-2 dozen
BS> subscribers)?

I think so.  There are bugs and some shortcomings, but I was running
mj2-docs (still am, but it's gone idle) with over 30 subscribers without
problems.  This was on a much earlier snapshot.  Right now I filter
everything from all of my mailing lists through a list that has several
addresses that all point back to me.

It doesn't perform terribly fast right now (the addition of a real database
backend will make some things go much faster) but it does work.  If you
don't bet everything on absolute functionality it should work pretty well.

I'd be running most of my lists with it if I weren't leaving the country
for a month.  I'll probably convert everything over after I get back.

BS> I've pulled it down and played with it, but there's no better way to
BS> test than to set up a list and actually use it.

Make sure you get the latest snapshot (1199805230) or pull it out of CVS;
I'm always working on something.

 - J<