(August 1998)

Subject: Passwords
From: bill @ ecology . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:21:26 -0300 (ADT)
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com (Majordomo developers)

Oops, Jason noticed that I sent this to the wrong list. Most of you
probably read both (if you have really huge mailboxes!), but here it is
on the correct list. I edited it down for brevity.

Bill

Oh come, it is easier than that. AOL has a simple password generator,
just concatenate two randomly chosen four-letter words. Like "fish" and
"duck" give "fishduck".

Of course that could give you a password like "password"! You could of
course elminate any combinations that were in the dictionary.

Bill

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Quickies