(September 1998)

Subject: Re: Possible problem installing new snapshot
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 22 Sep 1998 14:35:40 -0500
To: "William R. Dickson -- System Administration" <wdickson @ nwnexus . net>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

WRD> I haven't tried -- I wanted to ask if it was a problem before
WRD> installing over my working copy, because I hadn't spotted those errors
WRD> before (maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough).

They've been there since day one, although they don't pop up until I turn
autoloading on as I did for the last snapshot.

This is one of those really annoying Perl things; they're trying to tell me
that I can't use descriptive function names and autoloading at the same
time because this hoses DOS.  Since this doesn't bother me, I'd like to set
a flag so that it doesn't warn me, but that's not possible.  Sigh.

I suppose I'll have to print a big warning before it starts autosplitting.

 - J<