(October 1998)

Subject: Re: Regexp wizard
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 07:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 2 Oct 1998, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Requires stateful processing of the entire header.  You can do things like
> this already, using multiple lines, but not all in one expression.

Sounds like perl is kinda crippled in this regard, then; couldn't sed or
awk do it?

> Now, just how would I use this to compare address?  Show me all users on
> the list with To: containing, umm, what?  It doesn't seem to apply.  We're
> looking at simplified pattern matchers, not a header matching language.

Show me all users on the list with To: containing "att." unless To:
contains "worldnet.att.net".  That is, all AT&T subscribers who are not
Worldnet subscribers.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE     rogerk@QueerNet.ORG     urgent: rogerk-page@QueerNet.ORG
2215-R Market Street #576         San Francisco, CA 94114       +1 415 ALL-ARFF