(October 1998)

Subject: Quiet in here
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 15 Oct 1998 17:13:59 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

Deafening silence on my end.  Hopefully I'm not missing out on anything.

I've been working steadily improving things all around.  Randall has been
passing me a few fixes, and his code to automatically maintain the sendmail
aliases should be going in very soon now.

Digests are progressing; you can now ask for a custom digest built out of a
date or a range of dates in addition to asking for named messages or the
last N messages.  The whole functionality for keeping track of messages
and deciding when to push a digest is all working and all of the digest
parameters are operational.  At the moment, though, things stop just short
of actually delivering the digests.  That work will require some work in
the delivery engine, but once that work is done the additional digest types
will come ad very little cost.

After watching constant flamewars in several mailing lists I'm on, I've
been thinking about a way to let users choose whether or not they want to
see a subject prefix.  I think that once the above delivery engine surgery
is done this can come at little cost.  Ideas?

 - J<

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majordomo Request