(October 1998)

Subject: possible bug in 1.94.4
From: Raven <raven @ mail . math . okstate . edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:20:31 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: raven @ mail . math . okstate . edu

I think I may have stumbled upon a bug in majordomo 1.94.4. Both myself and
the backup sys admin here have encountered the same problem where everything
appears to compile fine, etc. Then when you run the config-test as long as
there are errors coming back things seem to run normally but when the coinfig
is correct and we should be seeing the offer to register majordomo instead the
config-test spawns copies of itself so fast that it shuts our mail machine

We are running RedHat 5.1 on an Intel box with:

Perl 5.004.04
Sendmail 8.8.7

A majordomo user and group were created to own majordomo. Majordomo home is

Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo failing.