(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Mj2 Status
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:33:49 -0800
To: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 02:44 PM 1/21/99 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>I don't really know.  I'm getting a lot of good feedback from SRE, who has
>uncovered some things that really need to be fixed before anything like
>that is even contemplated.  Plus there's the issue of documentation, but
>something is happening with that now, too.

Anyone with a little spare time that can help with programming should
step up to that challenge! I know a bit about Perl, but not enough to
go digging into the guts of the Major. I can, and have, done something
about the help files. I will do more on documentation if there is a
call for it (like a HTML version).

>What's the point in going "beta" if
>nobody is willing to work on it?  I need someone else to say "I really want
>to write some code"; if nobody's willing to do this then I don't see why I
>should label it as something other than a project I'm working on in my
>spare time.

Mj2 is competitive with commercial products on features. It is a huge
step forward, and should quickly become the standard if people will
offload Jason a bit. Anyone interested?

Info on peak climbing email lists

"The ultimate measure of a man is
 not where he stands in moments of comfort
 but where he stands at times of challenge and discovery."
  --Martin Luther King Jr.

Indexed By Date Previous: rate limiting