(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Few MJ2 Questions
From: Michael Parker <parker @ austx . tandem . com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:13:51 -0600
To: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:12:49PM -0800, SRE wrote:
> At 11:05 PM 1/26/99 -0600, Michael Parker wrote:
> >   I'm telling majordomo to use mj2 as its e-mail address.  This seems
> >   to show up just fine in the config files but the alias file has
> >   majordomo in there.
>
> Are you using this command?
>    configset GLOBAL whoami = name@domain.org
> Look at whereami also.

It's doing it during the postinstall phase.

Please look at my followup, I got up enough courage to start digging
into the source.  It looks like a change made a couple of revisions
ago may be the problem.

> >3) Anyone using Majordomo 2 with postfix?
>
> Don't understand the question.

As others have said, this is the freeware version of the IBM Secure
Mailer and is a direct competitor to qmail.  It's frontend is very
similar to sendmail (in most cases it can be just dropped in) and does
some different things behind the scenes.

Thanks for the Help.

Michael