(February 1999)

Subject: Syslog?
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 00:22:43 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

Since the beginning I have supported logging via syslog.  This has caused
various headaches because Syslog.pm is the only module Mj2 uses that
requires h2ph to be run.  This is a pain for new installers; if you've
built Perl from source, this isn't done for you so you have to figure out
how.

Anyway, I'm considering the removal of syslog support.  Does anyone see a
need for it?

 - J<

Follow-Ups:
  • Re: Syslog?