(May 1999)

Subject: Re: latest majordomo
From: james @ adastra . co . uk (James Berry)
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:49:14 GMT
To: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 26 May 1999 16:13:24 -0700, you wrote:

>> Just installed the latest majordomo2 under qmail with queueing.  It
>> seems to work fine.  I had to make mj_enqueue g+s and u+s to make it
>> work though.  Perhaps this should be part of the default install?
>
>That's distinctly odd.  It shouldn't need to be.  Are you sure that you
>have qmail configured to run programs in .qmail files controlled by
>majordomo as the right user and group?

How do you do this?  I have other programs running under my .qmail-default
as well, and I don't particularly want them to be running as majordomo.  But
since they're also setuid/setgid then I suppose it's not a problem.

I guess the majordomo install program should be checking any other control
files required?

Best wishes
James

--
Adastra Software Ltd, Edmonton House, Park Farm Close, Folkestone, Kent
Tel: 01303 222700     Fax: 01303 222701    24-hr support: 0701 0702 016