(May 1999)

Subject: Re: latest majordomo
From: james @ adastra . co . uk (James Berry)
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:51:24 GMT
To: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Cc: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>, majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

On 26 May 1999 22:19:29 -0700, you wrote:

>> There's an item on the TODO list regarding making setuid-ness
>> configurable under qmail, but I don't have an explanation why it is
>> needed.  It isn't terribly difficult, although someone would need to
>> provide with some documentation stating under what circumstances you'd
>> actually need this.
>If you want to just add majordomo to your ~alias/.qmail-default without
>setting up a virtual domain and without configuring qmail using the
>qmail-users mechanism so that list-related addresses are handed off to the
>majordomo user, you need to install MJ2 setuid.

...which is what I've done.  I run my list server off "" not
"".  I do have other domains; but again, they're used for
other things which dictate that they are different users from "majordomo".
What would you suggest?

Best wishes

Adastra Software Ltd, Edmonton House, Park Farm Close, Folkestone, Kent
Tel: 01303 222700     Fax: 01303 222701    24-hr support: 0701 0702 016
Call handling for GP Co-ops & Deputising services

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: latest majordomo