(May 1999)

Subject: Re: Minor address bug in resend's approval-bounce code
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:33:33 -0500
To: Brian Kelly <KellyB @ Mail . Montclair . edu>, Majordomo-Workers @ GreatCircle . COM, Majordomo patches <majordomo-patches @ cloud . ccsf . cc . ca . us>

[ Brian Kelly writes: ]

> While trying out the moderation features of Majordomo, I came across
> what is probably an obscure problem.  When "moderate (resend)" is
> enabled and "moderator (resend)" is no defined, the default address to
> send the approval messages to is "<list>-approval".  On my system, the
> hostname is not the same as $whereami so these messages would not reach
> their destination.
[...]
> (plus, I've modified my resend code so a diff might not be all
> that useful).

That seems to be the problem. I can't find any version of 1.94 that uses
$opt_l-approval as the default when moderator is unset, they all use
$sender, so your changes/other patches must've introduced this problem
in the first place.

Checking further, I see that this problem was introduced by Bill Houle's
patch named resend_parse.0 in the unofficial 1.94.4 patches.

Joe, can you see to it that Brian's fix is applied to the patch file?

--
 Dave Wolfe