(June 1999)

Subject: Re: Messages stuck in qmail queue again
From: Chuck Milam <milam @ uwosh . edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:19:03 -0500 (CDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com, "David E. Crawford, LtCol, CAP" <dcrawford @ mer . cap . gov>

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> The debug level should not effect the warnings; they should always end up
> in the logs.  And they're not harmless at all; in fact, they're the cause
> of the error.

Again I show my level of Perl understanding (I'm working on it, really.)

> But this still doesn't look like a full debug-level trace.  Are you
> sure the list's debug level is set to 500?

Majordomo>configshow cap-is debug
<COMMENTS SNIPPED>
configset cap-is debug = 500

Majordomo>configshow GLOBAL debug
<COMMENTS SNIPPED>
configset GLOBAL debug = 500

Yep.  Debug is at 500.

> I can figure out the problem now anyway (that NonPost file doesn't
> seem to exist) and I'll make a bit of a change to allow it to work,
> although the user will just see a nice message like "The list
> administrator has specified a nonexistent file."  It's better than a
> crash.  These fixes are in CVS now.

Cool.  I'll advise the list admin to get a nonpost file created, then.

> Better error checking on access_rules setting is in the pipeline.

Sounds good.  As always, thanks for your help and good work!

--
Chuck Milam - milam@uwosh.edu
I.T. Division - Academic Computing