(August 1999)

Subject: Re: Hanging on "make test" after DB upgrade?
From: Chuck Milam <milam @ uwosh . edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:50:16 -0500 (CDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> What version of the DB library do you have?

Hmm...I really hate to admit this, but I don't know how to tell.

> It is possible that there are subtle version differences I need to take
> into account.  I've only tested with v2.7.5 of the DB library and v1.60 of
> the DB_File library.

I just installed version 1.70 of the DB_File module from CPAN.

I got brave did a make install--and--it worked.  All list functionality
appears to be working--and much faster than before.  *Whew!*

There are a few files left in my source directory that I believe are the
remnants of the aborted "make test" runs.  They are binary files named
like so:

testdb.6891.D

Containing test DB data, from what I can make out.

--
Chuck Milam - milam@uwosh.edu
I.T. Division - Academic Computing