(August 1999)

Subject: Re: How do I know why a message is flagged "consult"?
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>
Date: 08 Aug 1999 22:51:26 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com, majordomo-workers @ interlinx . bc . ca

>>>>> "m" == majordomo-workers  <majordomo-workers@interlinx.bc.ca> writes:

m> I seem to be having problems getting messages actually on to my new MJ2
m> list.  They keep getting flagged as consult.

Majordomo is consulting you, the owner.  It doesn't do this unless you ask
it to.

m> OK, so I can go fix whatever is flagging them, but there is no reason
m> with the flagging?

If your list is moderated, there will be no special reason why you are
being consulted (since you asked for it).

m> Wouldn't it be a good thing to explain why a message was flagged as
m> consult?

Well, if there is something wrong with the message (duplicate checksum,
taboo match, etc.), you will be told about it in the Subject:.  Try sending
a couple of identical test messages or something that flags a taboo match
just to see.

If none of this makes sense, please send along some debugging information.

 - J<