(August 1999)

Subject: Re: Hanging on "make test" after DB upgrade?
From: Chuck Milam <milam @ uwosh . edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:30:43 -0500 (CDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

[root@beavis majordomo]# perl -MDB_File -e 'print "$DB_File::db_version\n"'
1

> CM> There are a few files left in my source directory that I believe are
> CM> the remnants of the aborted "make test" runs.
>
> Yes, those contain the data from the test runs.  What's in them?  (You can
> use db_dump -p to see.)

Well, now.  I think I may have found a problem with my installation.
"db_dump" isn't found.  (Memory Refresher:  This is a RH Linux 5.2
installation on a Sparc 20).

On a different RH 6.0 Intel box, I see that "db_dump" in owned by
glibc-2.1.1-6:

[milam@milam acs]$ locate db_dump
/usr/bin/db_dump
[milam@milam acs]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/db_dump
glibc-2.1.1-6

Of course, the RH 5.2 box uses an older glibc:

[root@cap-ntc-4 beavis]# rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.0.7-29

So that may have something to do with it, but...I always thought that DB
database stuff was installed by default on RH Linux machines.  (Of course,
I've never really used DB, either.)

--
Chuck Milam - milam@uwosh.edu
I.T. Division - Academic Computing