(September 1999)

Subject: Re: Mj2 spammer lockout not working?
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:33:38 -0700
To: tibbs @ math . uh . edu, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: eckert @ climber . org

At 01:10 PM 9/9/99 -0700, SRE wrote:
>I have the following configs for my Mj2 site, and whether I list one
>address pattern or two the "deny" setting for zubscribe doesn't seem
>to work. The person can zubscribe anyway! (and did)

Jason pointed to one problem: GLOBAL access_rules do *not* set
defaults (except for things like taboo_headers). Since "zubscribe"
is applicable to a specific list (and not the whole server) it
is quietly ignored when it is the action of a GLOBAL access rule.
I've asked Jason to make it a command parsing error since some
of us will probably forget and try to apply these things system
wide again in the future.

Also, my site seems to behave differently than his in that I don't
get the replyfile even when I apply the access rule per-list. If
anyone out there has any clues, or similar experience, let me know.

SRE

mailto:eckert@climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

  Things change. People change. Things change people.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: keen way to strip binaries