(November 1999)

Subject: Re: Status?
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ math . uh . edu>
Date: 15 Nov 1999 16:16:58 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

>>>>> "CM" == Chuck Milam <milam@uwosh.edu> writes:

CM> MJ2 is being actively developed.

I really should qualify that.

Majordomo is being developed in my free time.  Right now I have precious
little of that to go around and so Mj2 has sat on my disk relatively
unmolested for something of a long time now.

Will development continue?  Will it ever be released?  Right now that
depends more on other people than it depends on me; I'm only going to be
able to allocate time to it if there's "demand" (because it does what I
need it to do).  If nobody else wants to work on it with me, it will never
become anything other than my hobby, a piece of software I wrote to fill a
need I had.

So it all really boils down to what other folks want to do with this
software.  I do have a laundry list of things that _must_ be done
(resilience to bad MIME, better handling of borked messages in the incoming
queue, etc.) but after that it's just tinkering.

 - J<

Follow-Ups:
  • Re: Status?