Subject: resubscribe command?
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:43:27 -0700
To: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM, mj2-dev @ csf . colorado . edu

I keep having people ask this question:

>I forget...is there an easy way to tell the list server that
>it should take all of my list subscriptions and shift them from
>"xxx@yyy.com" to "aaa@bbb.com"?

I've considered writing an external hack to parse the output
of "show" and turn it into a bunch of commands (including
sub, unsub, alias, and set) that recreate the subscriptions.
This would also be useful for bulk list moves from one server
or virtual domain to another, but it's not as clean as having
a resub command in the server itself.

Has anyone done something similar? Does anyone think it should
be done (or should NOT be done?) Should the command (if done
as a built-in) be "resubscribe" or "reregister" or something
totally new like "changeaddress"? Built-in or external script?

SRE

mailto:eckert@climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

  Things change. People change. Things change people.

Indexed By Date Previous: Outlook and Majordomo help