Subject: Re: Outlook and Majordomo help
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:47:56 -0700
To: relph @ sgi . com
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 07:39 PM 4/18/00 -0700, John Relph wrote:
>A user has complained that Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express
>incorrectly makes an HTML mailto: link out of the mail addresses
[snip]
>Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

Other than switching to a REAL mail tool? Tell them to turn off
HTML formatting in their configuration/preferences menu. Most will
tell you it can't be done, or can only be done per-message, but
I've seen people manage to do it.

They generate even more muck when they send, so I put the "demime"
perl script in a pipe to clean up commands being sent TO the server.