Subject: majordomo config-test suggested patch
From: Jerry Sweet <jsweet @ undoo . com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:56:35 -0700
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

Patch description: 	My humble offering of a suggested patch to
			config-test to do the following things:

			- Say what's wrong with the list directory
			  permissions.

			- Say what's being sent in the registration
			  message.

Majordomo version:	majordomo-1.94.5
Patches:		config-test

Jerry Sweet
undoo.com

*** config-test.orig	Wed Aug 27 08:17:13 1997
--- config-test	Thu Apr 27 09:44:21 2000
***************
*** 186,192 ****
      if (-r $listdir && -w $listdir && -x $listdir) {
  	&good("list directory $listdir has good permissions.");
      } else {
! 	&bad("list directory $listdir has bad permissions");
      }
  } else {
      print "Hmmm, list directory $listdir doesn't exist\n or isn't a directory.\n";
--- 186,192 ----
      if (-r $listdir && -w $listdir && -x $listdir) {
  	&good("list directory $listdir has good permissions.");
      } else {
! 	&bad("list directory $listdir has bad permissions - should be 777");
      }
  } else {
      print "Hmmm, list directory $listdir doesn't exist\n or isn't a directory.\n";
! and fully specify what your problems are, and what type of machine (and
  operating system) you are using.

  Enjoy!
--- 349,355 ----
  	($cf)
  closely, and if it still looks okay, consider asking the majordomo-users
  mailing list at "majordomo-users\@greatcircle.com" for assistance.  Be sure
! to specify fully what your problems are, and what type of machine (and
  operating system) you are using.

  Enjoy!
***************
*** 360,370 ****

      if ( ! -e $registration_file ||
  	`cat $registration_file` ne $majordomo_version) {
  	print <<"ZOT";
  I see you haven't registered this version of Majordomo.
  By registering, you will be notified of patches and further releases
! of Majordomo.  Shall I send email to majordomo-registration\@greatcircle.com
! to register this version?  (I'll cc $whoami_owner)
  ZOT

  #'
--- 360,382 ----

      if ( ! -e $registration_file ||
  	`cat $registration_file` ne $majordomo_version) {
+ 	$uname_info = `uname -a`;
  	print <<"ZOT";
  I see you haven't registered this version of Majordomo.
  By registering, you will be notified of patches and further releases
! of Majordomo.  Shall I send the following email to register this version?
! The message will look like this:
!
!   To: majordomo-registration\@greatcircle.com
!   From: $whoami
!   Sender: $whoami_owner
!   Subject: Majordomo Registration
!
!   Majordomo Version: $majordomo_version
!   Perl version $]
!   Majordomo Owner:  $whoami_owner
!   Uname: $uname_info
!
  ZOT

  #'
***************
*** 389,395 ****
  	    print REG "Majordomo Version: $majordomo_version\n";
  	    print REG "Perl version $]\n";
  	    print REG "Majordomo Owner:  $whoami_owner\n";
! 	    print REG "Uname: " . `uname -a`;
  	    close REG;
  	} else {
  	    print "Ooooh, like to live dangerously, eh?!\n\n";
--- 401,407 ----
  	    print REG "Majordomo Version: $majordomo_version\n";
  	    print REG "Perl version $]\n";
  	    print REG "Majordomo Owner:  $whoami_owner\n";
! 	    print REG "Uname: " . $uname_info;
  	    close REG;
  	} else {
  	    print "Ooooh, like to live dangerously, eh?!\n\n";
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: majordomo.pl address matching